Tuesday, February 23, 2010

After Your Crash: Restoring Balance


At Light for my Lamp, I've written a post about 5 Principles for Living Well while serving others.

When we hit the wall in mid-winter, it's often because we have lost the balance between caring for ourselves and caring for others. We've tipped the scales in towards doing more and drained our resources, all the while continuing to work less effectively. Of course, as we work less effectively, we get further behind. Usually our first response to this is to work even harder, which only drains us more. We drift into a downward spiral leading to burnout.

My five principles are hard-earned lessons from over 25 years of mothering, homeschooling, and ministry. I hope you'll stop by to read them and leave me a note with your thoughts.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments from my readers, since you are the ones I am writing for! Please feel free to leave one.