Saturday, April 18, 2009

Why Apple Pie?

That's what one of our friends asked me. Saturday seems like a good time to chat about it.

I put a lot of thought into the name our of website blog. I wanted it to be meaningful.

The apple traditionally represents school. A pie is something that is made by hand. It represents home. Mom and apple pie have been closely associated in American minds for decades. What could be more American? The recent homeschooling movement is full of the American self-reliance and the pioneering spirit.

It all fits together: school, lovingly worked over by hand at home, to create something delicious.

I hope our spot in the cyber world will feel like you've stopped by for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. You are our friends. I want to transfer the warm, rich relationships I have enjoyed with so many women over the years to these pages. You are lovingly cared for here. Lay down your heavy burdens for a few minutes. It'll do your heart good.

Apple Pie is your place, here with us. We're glad you've come for a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It worked this time. Good. Thanks for your wonderful email. I just got home this evening after being away overnight. More later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL analogy!
    PERFECT blog title!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments from my readers, since you are the ones I am writing for! Please feel free to leave one.